Our con hotel is once again the Adlon, conveniently located right at Mariehamn’s Western Harbour (where the ferries dock). The hotel provides both the accommodation and the venue for the convention itself, so you never need to leave it (unless you want to go sightseeing in Mariehamn, of course).
The accommodation rates for the duration of the con (three nights, May 1–4) are:
- double room, single occupancy: €260/person
- double/twin room: €145/person
- double/twin + additional bed: €115/person
Although we of course wish that everyone will attend the whole convention, it is also possible to book only two nights (May 2–4). In that case, the rates are:
- double room, single occupancy: €190/person
- double/twin room: €110/person
- double/twin + additional bed: €90/person
The rooms will be divided into two areas: One where it will be OK to sit up all night and drink and talk and be noisy- no music or shouting, though! – and one where you are expected to be quiet after midnight.
Book your room directly with the hotel, tel. +358 18 15400, fax +358 18 15077, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Mention “Åcon” when reserving your bed, and do not forget to specify:
- “Noisy area” (Sv: “OK att väsnas”; Fi: “bilealue”)
- “Quiet area” (Sv: “Tyst område”; Fi: ” hiljainen osa”)
- “Anywhere” (Sv: “Varsomhelst”; Fi: ” missä vain”) if you are going to be quiet but don’t mind other people having fun next door.
Note! No indicated option will be interpreted as “Anywhere”.
This offer will expire one month before the convention, so book your rooms by Monday 31 March. (Earlier is better. The sooner we fill the hotel, the easier our work will be. If you know you are coming, book today!)
As these prices are per bed and not per room, you should arrange with your friends for sharing rooms. A good forum for finding roommates is our discussion list.
Nearly all of the hotel’s 54 rooms are reserved for Åcon members. We can’t guarantee that non-members won’t be present at the hotel, but the more rooms we fill, the less likely it’ll be. We expect that there is a risk that the hotel will fill up completely, so book in good time!